Have you heard the term Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) ever or you might be suffering with this? Well many of you may not even know about what this IBS is. The right and complete knowledge of IBS is very important as little ignorance can leads to serious health problem. So, let’s start knowing complete about IBS and how can we treat this health issue naturally and easily.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
It‘s a functional disorder of the colon i.e large intestine which causes crampy bloating, abdominal pain, constipation, and/or diarrhea like issues. IBS is also divided as functional gastrointestinal disorder because there is no structural or biochemical cause can be found to explain its symptoms. After the diagnostic testing, the colon doesn’t show any evidence of disease like of ulcers or inflammation.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), is often named as spastic colon and mucous colitis, is a functional gastrointestinal disorder caused by irritability and irregularity in the movement of both large and small intestine.
Types Of IBS
Basically there are 3 types of IBS, that is:
- Diarrhea-predominant (D-IBS),
- Constipation-predominant (C-IBS),
- Constipation and diarrhea (A-IBS).
Symptoms of the different forms of IBS include:
- A-IBS: Intermittent symptoms of D-IBS and C-IBS
- C-IBS: abdominal discomfort or pain, bloating and constipation
- D-IBS: abdominal discomfort or pain, urgency, and diarrhea
Causes Of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Colon muscles normally contract a few times a day which helps in moving down of the feces downward which ultimately results in a bowel movement. But patients who are suffering with IBS, their muscles are exceptionally gets sensitive to certain stimuli, or triggers.
Even researchers have also not reached to the exact reason that why the muscles in the colon of a person with IBS are becomes so sensitive.
Symptoms Of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Here are the few most common symptoms of IBS:
- diarrhea or constipation, or alternate bouts of each
- abdominal pain or cramping
- gas and bloating
- nausea, especially after eating
- depression or anxiety
- mucus-covered stools
- The urge to have another bowel movement after you’ve just had one.
Cramps are relieved by bowel movement, but some IBS suffers may even suffer difficulty to pass anything. Severity of the symptom may vary from one patient to other. Sometime this health issue generates problems like Blood in stool, fever, weight loss, vomiting bile, and persistent pain, though it doesn’t leads to any organic disease, like Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, or any type of bowel cancer but problems generated by IBS is not less than these too.
Natural Home Remedies To Treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome
No doubt symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome are embarrassing and uncomfortable but there are such effective natural ways to get relief.
1#Manage your stress
Stress is one of the well known factors to trigger an IBS flare-up. To relax your mind and live a stress free life there are several initiatives you can take like everyday meditation, yoga, breathing exercise etc. whenever you feel tensed and anxious , try the things that clams you. Try the yoga and mediation is the open green environment and pay attention to the air that is going in and out of your body. Be regular with routine as this is very effective in calming down your stress level and ultimately helps in lowering the symptoms associated with IBS.
2#Try To Ease The Work Of Your Intestines
- For this you just need to minimize the intake of fried foods, dairy foods, meats, oils, margarine, and other fatty foods. As these things causes your colon to contract violently which further leads to diarrhea and abdominal pain.
- Keep distance from the spicy foods.
- Cut down your caffeine intake as it worsens IBS condition by irritating your intestines.
- You need to avoid the intake of foods which contains flatulence, including cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli etc.
- Lessen the intake of artificial sweetener products as they contains product like sorbitol and mannitol. It is difficult to digest and when your intestinal bacteria break down these ‘nonabsorbed sugars,’ you get problems like gas and diarrhea.
Take smaller meals frequently rather than having a large meal at a time. As, intake of large amount of food at once increase the work pressure on your digestive system.
Along with the small meals it’s important to give complete time to chew up your food. Fast eating habit often swallow too much of the air which later generate problems like intestinal gas.
Yogurt is a very effective natural ingredient to treat IBS-related diarrhea. It is rich content of good bacteria called ‘Live cultures’ which gives a protective layer in the intestine and help generating lactic acid to remove off the bacterial toxins from the body.
How to use:
Eat yogurt directly or you can take it by making smoothie. Regular intake ion your daily meal will surely show effective result in your IBS condition.
Or else, you can add 1 and ½ spoons of psyllium husks or Isabgol in 1 cup of your yogurt. Eat one hour after your lunch and dinner.
Fennel seeds relieves the intestinal spasms and bloating commonly associated with the IBS. It plays a key role in eliminating fats from the digestive system which inhibits the over-production of mucus in the intestine which leads to IBS.
5 Ayurvedic Ways to Cure Hemorrhoids Naturally….!
HOW TO USE:
Add ½ tbsp of crushed fennel seeds to 1 cup of boiling water. Boil it for 10 minutes. After then strain it out and sip it as herbal tea. You can get this herbal tea 2-3 days to prevent as well as reduce the IBS symptoms.
Or else you can just take ½ tbsp of dry roasted fennel seeds powder 2 times daily with warm water.
Chamomile tea is rich content in antispasmodic property as well as high in tannins that gives great relief in IBS symptoms like diarrhea. It also reduces the inflammation occurred in intestine and relives abdominal spasms.
How to use:
- Add 2-3 tbsp of dried chamomile flowers in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Let it boil for around 10-15 minutes.
- Strain it out and add few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Drink this herbal tea at least 3 times a day.
Eat fresh and ripe bananas as they have high nutritious value fruit which relives the IBS symptoms. Eating banana helps in treating diarrhea as they are the rich content in soluble fiber and absorb liquid in the intestines. Potassium content in banana helps in curing the bloating and gas issue.
How to use:
- Eat 1-2 ripe bananas daily to maintain a healthy digestive system and preventing IBS.
- For diarrhea patients: mash 1 ripe banana and mix 1 tbsp of tamarind pulp and pinch of salt. Take this on daily basis until the diarrhea gets cured.
8#Yoga Poses To Try:
Try all the above remedies to treat IBS naturally and effectively. If the problem gets more then try the Venapro- hemorrhoids fast relive formula. As, it is the best homeopathic medicine to correct the colon health and other related problems gets generated with it.
- Reduces the swelling
- Homeopathic medicine
- Reduces pain & bleeding
- Highest quality ingredients
- Quickly reduces swelling
- Fast hemorrhoid relief
- 100% natural & gentle on skin
- Best alternative to surgery