Hemorrhoids are the most uncomfortable, annoying and the most common conditions that a person can suffer from at some point of time. Indeed, at least more than half of all adults will face this irritating situation at least once during their lifetime. Although hemorrhoids are usually by no means a medical emergency or a cause for any major concern and they can have some very unpleasant symptoms. The other most important frequent and sometimes alarming – which is the main symptom of hemorrhoids is bleeding.
Bleeding hemorrhoids can make a person completely depressed. Why would not one get depressed while seeing blood on your toilet paper or in the toilet bowel just is not something that one sees every day. The blood that is present with bleeding hemorrhoids is usually bright red that makes it really stand out and make everything that is much more alarming. Basically, this bleeding is first noticed when a person has a bowel movement.
Blood loss from hemorrhoids can also be so voluminous sometimes that the people who are suffering from this situation may become anemic and iron deficient. For some people, bleeding from hemorrhoids may be so extreme that the toilet bowl is inundated with blood after each defection. But there are some people, those who suffer with hemorrhoids, bleeding from hemorrhoids is usually very little.
Generally, hemorrhoids are a painful condition in which veins in the rectal and anal area become swollen. Some of the infected people have likened this condition to varicose veins which occur with age. However, some types of hemorrhoids can clear up by themselves after treatment and other types such as bleeding hemorrhoids could be more serious situation.
This condition is made completely worse if you have constipation or even if you pass a very large and/or hard stool. Also, bleeding hemorrhoids can cause great inconvenience not to mention embarrassment for many sufferers.
The quantity of blood present with bleeding hemorrhoids may look quite profuse. However, it is actually very minimal. The veins involved in the phenomenon of hemorrhoids are incredibly small. However, the pressure has been built up within these veins because of the different factors and the actual quantity of blood within them is not quite large. When they actually bleed then the only produce a very small amount of actual blood.
Sometimes, mucus often mixes with the blood that a person sees with bleeding hemorrhoids. When the mucus get mixed in with the blood then can severely cause it to appear to be more copious. In actual, the blood from bleeding hemorrhoids used to fall into toilet with water as well.
Hemorrhoids bleed just because of the extra pressure that creates them in the first place. The veins around the anus and rectum are already under the increased pressure when hemorrhoids are present. When a person strains to pass a bowel movement and this pressure increases even more dramatically. As veins are sensitive and are very thin and already stretched to their limits by the hemorrhoids, it begins to bleed.
Signs and Symptoms of Hemorrhoids Includes:
- Itching or irritation in your anal region
- Pain or discomfort
- Swelling around your anus
- A lump near your anus, which may be sensitive or painful
- Painless bleeding during bowel movements, you might notice small amounts of bright red blood on your toilet tissue or even in the toilet
Note: Hemorrhoid symptoms usually depend on the location.
Bleeding Hemorrhoid Causes
There could be lots of causes for suffering from bleeding hemorrhoids, but some of the major causes are:
- Severe constipation
- Stress in the portal vein
- Extremely weak anal and rectal valves or veins
- Straining during the bowel movements in pregnancy
- Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcoholic drinks
- Improper muscle posture such as prolonged sitting on a toilet seat
- Increased pressure on the rectal veins due to improper muscle tone
Bleeding Hemorrhoids Complications
Sometimes you may face some complications while suffering from bleeding hemorrhoids. They are mentioned below:
- Strangulated hemorrhoid: If the blood supply to hemorrhoid is cut off then the hemorrhoid may be “strangulated” which could be the cause of extreme pain
- Anemia: Chronic and rare blood loss from hemorrhoids may cause anemia in which you do not have enough healthy red blood cells to carry oxygen to your cells.
Bleeding Hemorrhoid Treatment
With these below treatments, you can easily treat bleeding hemorrhoid. Try these treatments if you are suffering from this severe this issue.
- Regularly eat more fiber with your meals. Fiber acts as a sponge absorbing more liquid giving bulk to the stool so that you can eliminate this issue very easily.
- You should take those supplements that contain herbs that promote vascular health and improved digestion. Marshmallow root, Stone root, butcher’s broom, red root, peppermint and slippery elm bark, they all have natural curative powers and will be quite helpful to eliminate bleeding hemorrhoids.
- Start drinking water more and more every day. You should drink at least eight to ten glasses of water every day. Hard stool in the rectum irritates rectal veins and in this case, only water can help soften fecal matter.
- Try to eat your meal more than you usually eat and always choose healthy foods with a particular emphasis on fruits and vegetables. Nowadays in breakneck pace, meals are eaten on the run and they are loaded with calories. So always try to make an effort to keep your digestive system on a schedule.
- Also, you should cleanse the rectum with water from a rectal bulb or prepackaged enema solutions in order to flush out impurities and toxins.
After going through the above blog, you must noticed everything about bleeding hemorrhoids, its symptoms, causes, complications you suffers from and the treatment to treat this severe issue without any complications. You will be easily able to get rid of bleeding hemorrhoids issue in just a few days after trying these above treatments. However, you can also try hemorrhoid treating products like Venapro. Treating this disease through natural ingredients is a good idea but the process is long and time consuming. You can try this product without any fear of facing side effects. All the Best!!!